www.AntiquesReporter.com.au consolidates auction catalogues and prices realised from antique, decorative arts and other collector's auctions in Australia and New Zealand. Where the auction catalogue includes an image, we generally include the image on our site.
The site allows users to view lots and results from forthcoming auctions, past auctions and search our database, and offers the users the following advantages over existing practice:
- eliminates skipping between auction sites searching for information
- often auction houses remove previous sales data after the auction has concluded
- most auction houses do not allow a comprehensive search of their past auctions
- most auction house sites do not allow filters and sorting of their auction data
- generally auction houses do not categorise their individual lots
- some auction houses do not publish their prices realised on their web site
Antiques Reporter offers all of this, in a one-stop site.
To make it easier to locate items, we manually categorise individual lots. However due to the volume of data processed, we cannot classify every single lot offered. In deciding which lots to categorise we generally rank their importance in terms of price realised, that is, higher priced lots will be accorded priority in when we are classifiying lots.
Prices are added to each auction as soon as they become available to us. Prices shown are the hammer price plus buyer's premium. Buyer's premium in Australia and New Zealand varies between 10% and 20%, depending on the auction house. No Goods and Services Tax (GST) is included in the prices shown.
We will progressively be adding to the number of auction houses covered. If you are an Australian or New Zealand auctioneer and would like to have your auction data included on this site, please contact us.